Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by dj-manning <de...@superna.net> on 2020/02/05 23:13:16 UTC

Advice - on recovering shards

Hello,
  I've run into the situation where 1 shard in a 6 shard 2 replica  index
had become unavailable because both replicala were not available:
1 Replica was in a recovery state the other replica was down

I believe the best course of action would be to:
1. allow the recovering shard to complete recovery, and transition to
healthy at which point the second replica would transition from down to
recovering then
2. allow the second shard to recovery to complete.

To expedite recovery, I also guess that I should throttle (*where possible)
access to the index.

Is this the best course to run?

Thanks

--