Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Laurie Dickinson <co...@oconnect.com> on 2002/11/13 18:12:31 UTC

SSL and Struts

Dear All,

My first posting.  I'm having some difficulty using SSL with
struts.  Here's some background (with dummy names):

Running tomcat4.1 integrated with apache on a Linux box
Regular server = tcs.xxx.com
Secure server = secure.xxx.com
These are the same server, just different names.
When I go to https://secure.xxx.com/appname/filename.jsp the secure
connection works just fine.
When I go to https://secure.xxx.com/appname/actionname.do I get a 404 error.
When I go to http://secure.xxx.com/appname/actionname.do it works just
fine.  (Alternately, http://tcs.xxx.com/appname/actionname.do works also.)

 From what little I've read, ssl should work "transparently."  I'm not sure
if I'm just doing something wrong or if this is a configuration error.

Thanks for any help.

Best,

Laurie

Re: SSL and Struts

Posted by Laurie Dickinson <co...@oconnect.com>.
Thanks.

The problem was with the server configuration.  The sourceforge tag helped
with the diagnosis.

At 01:41 PM 11/13/2002 -0500, Robert Leland wrote:
>Laurie Dickinson wrote:
>
>>Dear All,
>>
>>My first posting.  I'm having some difficulty using SSL with struts.
>>Here's some background (with dummy names):
>
>There is a struts tag on sourceforge.net that lets you switch back and
>forth between ssl and no ssl.
>Maybe it can give you some hints ?
>
>-Rob
>

>--