Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by bala santhanam <mb...@rediffmail.com> on 2005/06/22 08:47:34 UTC

How to implement web dictionary in nutch

1) How to implement web dictionary in nutch. i.e., if im searching for a word

"free downloas" google automatically offers me
Did you mean: "free downloads"

Hence it is able to maintain a web dictionary and correct my spelling mistake. how to implement this n nutch. is there any classes available readymade.

2) Also, if im searching for "agentcy", searchengines offers
Did  you mean: "agency". but on using "agentcy" occasionally searchengines automatically adds the word  agentcy to the web dictionary. how that word is added. suggestions please.

Re: How to implement web dictionary in nutch

Posted by Andy Liu <an...@gmail.com>.
If anybody has had a chance to play with this patch, let me know what
your experiences are.  There's always room for improvement.  Just post
your comments on JIRA.

Andy

Posted by Stefan Groschupf <sg...@media-style.com>.

Posted by Andy Liu <an...@gmail.com>.
I posted a patch for this a little while ago.

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NUTCH-48

It's a spell checker with a dictionary based on the terms in your
index.  I think this is what you're looking for.

Andy