Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by SureshBabu Sabbu <su...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/14 13:34:38 UTC

Issue with tag in Edit Mode

Hi Team,

I had an issue with <tr:inputDate> tag with trinidad-impl-2.0.1.jar and
trinidad-api-2.0.1.jar.

We have a page where we have the <tr:inputDate> components for to select
Date on the page. This works fine as expected.

But when we go for editing the page which already has the Date, and try to
change the date the page hungs and it didn't allow to do anything on the
page. And observed a JS error on the console.

SCRIPT5007: The value of the property '_getLocaleTimeZoneDifference' is
null or undefined, not a Function object

Common2_0_0_beta_2.js, line 139 character 1

But, the functionality works when i keep the below conext param in web.xml

<context-param>
       <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.trinidad.CHANGE_PERSISTENCE
</param-name>
       <param-value>session</param-value>

</context-param>

I don't understand the relation between the <tr:inputDate> and the
CHANGE_PERSISTENCE context param.

The same behaviour/scenario works fine with JSF1.2 Jars without the
CHANGE_PERSISTENCE context param.

So, Please suggest any resolution for this issue.

Thanks

Suresh Babu S