Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/02 12:53:28 UTC

Can i Use ActiveMq for .net application over amqp protocol

Hi,
I am investigating as how can i use activeMQ for .net application.
I want to use *AMQP* protocol as well.
Can anyone please suggest any pointers as how to do it.
there are many implementation but they are connecting to uri
"tcp://localhost:61616" but i want to connect to "amqp://localhost:5672".
but it throws error as IConnection factory doesnt have implementation for
amqp://localhost:5672 at line
IConnectionFactory factory= new
NMSConnectionFactory("amqp://localhost:5672");
            IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection();

Thanks

Re: Can i Use ActiveMq for .net application over amqp protocol

Posted by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com>.
can i achieve transnational queue using amqpnetlite for activemq broker?

Re: Can i Use ActiveMq for .net application over amqp protocol

Posted by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks :)

Re: Can i Use ActiveMq for .net application over amqp protocol

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/04/2018 11:54 AM, bittusrivastava wrote:
> Hi Tim,
>
> Thanks a lot for your response. Could you pls provide me any pointer where
> someone has done POC on this and explained step by step.

https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/using-net-libraries-with-activemq

Use Google to find more articles and samples

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: Can i Use ActiveMq for .net application over amqp protocol

Posted by bittusrivastava <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tim,

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 02/02/2018 07:53 AM, bittusrivastava wrote:
> Hi,
> I am investigating as how can i use activeMQ for .net application.
> I want to use *AMQP* protocol as well.
> Can anyone please suggest any pointers as how to do it.
> there are many implementation but they are connecting to uri
> "tcp://localhost:61616" but i want to connect to "amqp://localhost:5672".
> but it throws error as IConnection factory doesnt have implementation for
> amqp://localhost:5672 at line
> IConnectionFactory factory= new
> NMSConnectionFactory("amqp://localhost:5672");
>              IConnection connection = factory.CreateConnection();
>
> Thanks

You need to use an AMQP client for .NET in order to connect to the
broker over AMQP.  The AMQPNetLite client would do the trick, it is
located here: https://github.com/Azure/amqpnetlite