Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by neerajp <ne...@yahoo.com> on 2014/02/12 02:23:27 UTC

Solr performance on a very huge data set

Hello Dear,
I have 1000 GB of data that I want to index.
Assuming I have enough space for storing the indexes in a single machine.
*I would like to get an idea about Solr performance for searching an item
from a huge data set.
Do I need to use shards for improving the Solr search efficiency or it is OK
to search without sharding ?*

I will use SolrCloud for high availability and fault tolerance with the help
of zoo-keeper.

Re: Solr performance on a very huge data set

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Can't answer that, there are just too many variables. Here's a helpful
resource:
http://searchhub.org/dev/2012/07/23/sizing-hardware-in-the-abstract-why-we-dont-have-a-definitive-answer/

Best,
Erick