Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2008/08/13 20:29:21 UTC

[mime4j] 0.4 release preview

Folks

Please take a look at the pre-release packages, release notes and the
updated project status page and let me know if you find anything
disagreeable.

Also, feel free to just go ahead and make changes you deem necessary.

release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

packages:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/packages/

web site:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/site/

If I hear no complaints I'll proceed with building official release
packages and calling a vote on the release.

I also added a DOAP project descriptor for mime4j. Please review:
http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/doap_James_Mime4j.rdf

Oleg

Re: [mime4j] 0.4 release preview

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 7:29 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Please take a look at the pre-release packages, release notes and the
> updated project status page and let me know if you find anything
> disagreeable.

all looks good to me

> Also, feel free to just go ahead and make changes you deem necessary.
>
> release notes:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt

i've committed some more details to the release notes

> packages:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/packages/
>
> web site:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/site/
>
> If I hear no complaints I'll proceed with building official release
> packages and calling a vote on the release.

rest look fine to me

> I also added a DOAP project descriptor for mime4j. Please review:
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/doap_James_Mime4j.rdf

great :-)

(we should add one for jsieve once this release is cut)

- robert

Re: [mime4j] 0.4 release preview

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
> On Thu, 2008-08-14 at 01:39 +0200, Stefano Bagnara wrote:
>> Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the pre-release packages, release notes and the
>>> updated project status page and let me know if you find anything
>>> disagreeable.
>>>
>>> Also, feel free to just go ahead and make changes you deem necessary.
>>>
>>> release notes:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>> Great!
>>
>>> packages:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/packages/
>> There are a number of jars created by the build project and that will
>> published to the maven repository.
>> We have to check them to make sure they are correct (mainly for
>> NOTICE/LICENSE).
>> Can you publish also the preview for them?
>>

> My bad. Uploaded to the same location.
>
> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/
>
> Cheers
>
> Oleg

I just updated/fixed some issue in the jSieve build, so I decided to run
the same refresh to mime4j too.

I already committed it and the changes are:

apache-mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT.jar:
apache-mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-sources.jar:
apache-mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-javadoc.jar:
apache.mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-bin.zip
apache.mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-bin.tar.gz
   added a DEPENDENCIES file
   the NOTICE file does not include references to junit

apache.mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-src.zip
apache.mime4j-0.4-SNAPSHOT-src.tar.gz
   use NOTICE.txt/LICENSE.txt from our src tree.
   e.g: the LICENSE.txt includes the full junit license.

The update of the maven-site-plugin and the javadoc plugin also
introduce some trivial/cosmetic fix in the generated site.

HTH,
Stefano

Re: [mime4j] 0.4 release preview

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Oleg Kalnichevski ha scritto:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 23:12 +0200, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 20:29, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>>> Folks
>>>
>>> Please take a look at the pre-release packages, release notes and the
>>> updated project status page and let me know if you find anything
>>> disagreeable.
>> Great, thanks for doing this!
>>
>>> Also, feel free to just go ahead and make changes you deem necessary.
>>>
>>> release notes:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/RELEASE_NOTES.txt
>>>
>>> packages:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/packages/
>>>
>>> web site:
>>> http://people.apache.org/~olegk/mime4j-0.4-preview/site/
>>>
>>> If I hear no complaints I'll proceed with building official release
>>> packages and calling a vote on the release.
>> The jar Manifest notes that it is build using JDK 1.5.
>> We still support 1.4 with mime4j, don't we?
>>

> My bad. I'll make the official release artifacts are generated using JDK
> 1.4

I think you can safely use jdk5 or 6 to build 1.4 target jars.

In fact we have 1.4 as target in m2 compiler configuration and I just
tested that the class version for the binary you published is 48, so it
is java 1.4 compatible.

Stefano

Re: [mime4j] 0.4 release preview

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <be...@googlemail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 13, 2008 at 20:29, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Folks
>
> Please take a look at the pre-release packages, release notes and the
> updated project status page and let me know if you find anything
> disagreeable.

Great, thanks for doing this!