Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Tannehill, Sean" <se...@thinkbiganalytics.com> on 2015/09/08 23:34:48 UTC

Escaping a Double quote character

Hi there!  I’m a developer trying to learn apache – great stuff so far, I really like the flow of everything.  I do have a question that I’m having trouble figuring out though, and was wondering if you guys could help me.  I’m trying to use the replace() attribute function to do some text matching and replacement, and I’m wondering if it’s possible to have it match and replace all instances of the double quote character “ with a different character.  Is there a way to escape this character using Expression Language so that the first argument matches it?

Thanks,
Sean

Re: Escaping a Double quote character

Posted by Bryan Bende <bb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sean,

I believe you should be able to do this with replace() if you use use
single quotes to wrap the parameters.

An example of replacing double-quotes with ABC, for an attribute named
test: ${test:replace('"', 'ABC')}

Let us know if you run into any problems.

-Bryan