Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Christopher <ct...@apache.org> on 2013/05/16 23:59:30 UTC

Re: not sure my irc is working

Thanks. I examined those instructions in greater detail, and reviewed
all the dependencies we bundle, and I think I was able to cut a lot of
bloat out of LICENSE.

JCommander is weird, because it contains a notice.md file in its
source, that it looks like we're supposed to include, but it probably
didn't really need to do that to begin with. Oh well. Aside from that,
it didn't look like there were any other NOTICE contents to carry
forward.

The link also showed how pointers were okay. However... there's a
separate thing to do for jline, because we bundle it only in our
binary distribution (nothing to point to), so I just left the license
in, with a note that it applies to our binary packaging. To improve
this, we may want to automate the generation of the LICENSE file to
include in the binary packages.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii