Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com> on 1997/11/10 17:10:00 UTC

Re: general/1380: cgi script fails to load gif

The following reply was made to PR general/1380; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
To: Ferret <fe...@crossflight.co.uk>
Cc: Apache bugs database <ap...@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/1380: cgi script fails to load gif
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 09:02:20 -0700 (MST)

 On Mon, 10 Nov 1997, Ferret wrote:

 > Ok I have found why it won't load the gif. Whatever path I give to the gif
 > it makes it relavtive to the cgi-bin. Even if I geive a complete url to
 > another machine it still assumes a path relative to the cgi-bin.
 >
 > Is there a way round this other than moving everything to somewhere below
 > the cgi-bin directory?

 Paths are always relative to where the client thinks the directory is.
 CGI scripts aren't special.

 Please give an example of how exactly you are putting in this "complete
 url to another machine".  This really doesn't have anything to do with
 Apache, since Apache does nothing with the HTML you output and the client
 is the one that interprets relative filenames.