Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Seriously <cy...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 17:24:16 UTC

Connecting to a proxy hosted on SSL socket

I need to connect to a proxy that requires authentication over SSL. The
connections that I'm making across the proxy are http, so I'm not actually
tunneling _through_ a proxy, but using https to authenticate _at_ the proxy.
The httpclient methods that I've found for connecting to a proxy allow me to
specify a port but not a protocol and I haven't been able to connect using
SSL. How can I connect to a proxy hosted on an SSL socket?

Thanks,

Cyrus

Re: Connecting to a proxy hosted on SSL socket

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
Seriously wrote:
> I need to connect to a proxy that requires authentication over SSL. The
> connections that I'm making across the proxy are http, so I'm not actually
> tunneling _through_ a proxy, but using https to authenticate _at_ the proxy.
> The httpclient methods that I've found for connecting to a proxy allow me to
> specify a port but not a protocol and I haven't been able to connect using
> SSL. How can I connect to a proxy hosted on an SSL socket?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Cyrus

HttpClient 3.x and 4.0 do not support SSL authentication with HTTP
proxies. As far as I know neither do common browsers.

Oleg