Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Drew Jensen <dr...@gmail.com> on 2013/01/15 07:58:17 UTC

Another question on the current daily build

Hi,

Another question on this build with the new naming - user settings?

I understand the idea is not to have any old settings moved, yes.

Just making sure as all custom settings, MRU lists and database connections
are lost with this latest update, and that is expected, yes?

Thanks again,

//drew

Re: Another question on the current daily build

Posted by Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <or...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

On 15.01.2013 07:58, Drew Jensen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another question on this build with the new naming - user settings?
>
> I understand the idea is not to have any old settings moved, yes.
>
> Just making sure as all custom settings, MRU lists and database connections
> are lost with this latest update, and that is expected, yes?

Yes and No.

I have started a discussion thread on this.
I have pointed out that as a side effect of the renaming and also the new major
version number that the former user profile is no re-use/migrated automatically.
Please have a look at the corresponding thread "[IMPORTANT, DISCUSS]: no
migration/use of former user profile with AOO 4.0"

Best regards, Oliver.