Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Scrut Inizer <sc...@hotmail.com> on 2006/05/28 17:18:40 UTC

MyFaces based portlet in eXo?

Hi everyone,
I have written a small web-application using MyFaces and one Tomahawk
component.
It runs as stand-alone application in Tomcat.
Now I wanted to make that thing a portlet. The only thing I did was to
create a portlet.xml according to
(http://myfaces.apache.org/docs/portlet.html)
After that I modified the web.xml according to
(http://docs.exoplatform.org/exo-documents/exo-portlet-container.site/deploy.html)
Unfortunately I am not sure if my alterations are resulting in correct
settings.

I am able to deploy my portlet, though. But when I add it to a container I
get a ClassCastException starting somewhere in processAction(). And I have
no idea why.

So I thought may be I have to remove all the <HTML><HEAD>...<BODY>... stuff
from my JSP-pages since a portlet needs to render only a fragment. But the
exception stayed the same.

Due to the lack of sufficient documentation and due to the obvious lack of
knowledge on my side I am not able to make this work.

Here are my questions:
1. Has anyone written a small MyFaces based portlet for eXo before?
2. What are the necessary steps to make that work? (Step by step: how do I
get from a working stand-alone web-app to a portlet that runs in eXo?)
3. Are there any things one needs to consider?

I would really, really appreciate your help!

scrut