Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Stephan Smejkal <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/27 17:29:04 UTC

chunked stream ended unexpectedly

Hi boys and girls,

While receiving a chunked encoded response stream from a tomcat, the
ChunkedInputStream.class throws an an IOException "chunked stream
ended unexpectedly".

As I found out the chunk stream is terminated by -1 and not by a 0
chunk.

It's a remote tomcat, so I dont't know the version which is used. (in
the header is just the standard name "Apache-Coyote/1.1")

Now I have two questions:

- Has somebody the same experience with the tomcat ?

- Is the http spec so strict that a exception must be thrown if the
stream is terminated by -1?

chears and thanks
Stephan