Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2014/07/11 23:07:01 UTC

Resize Volume Question

Hi,

In the resize-volume command, I see this logic:

            if (diskOffering.isCustomized() ||
volume.getVolumeType().equals(Volume.Type.ROOT)) {

                newSize = cmd.getSize();

                if (newSize != null) {

                    newSize = (newSize << 30);

                }

            }

Any thoughts on why we are shifting bits 30 places to the left?

I don't recall us doing this in other places for long values?

This is in VolumeApiServiceImpl.resizeVolume.

Thanks!
--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Re: Resize Volume Question

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.
And I agree it was probably an oversight by the original storage devs,
using powers of 2 instead of 10, since physical hardware doesn't work that
way, but its a bit too late to change now. Its just looks a tad generous I
guess.

Re: Resize Volume Question

Posted by Marcus <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Resize Volume Question