Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it> on 2018/05/14 12:12:33 UTC

Taskmanager JVM crash

Hi to all,
I have a Flink 1.3.1 job that runs multiple times.
Everything goes well for some time (e.g. 10 jobs). Then, one or more TMs
suddently die.

In the .out file I find something like this:

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007f6f3897712f, pid=18794, tid=140110535448320
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_72-b15) (build
1.8.0_72-b15)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.72-b15 mixed mode
linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libc.so.6+0x7f12f]
#
# Failed to write core dump. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core
dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/user/hs_err_pid18794.log
#
#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
#

Attached the produced error report. Do you find anything useful?
I can even send you the job's jar with the data but it requires about 200
MB..

Best,
Flavio

Re: Taskmanager JVM crash

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.
No, that problem I mentioned does not affect batch jobs. Must be something different then, but unfortunately the dump looks not very helpful to me because of the „error occurred during error reporting (printing native stack)“.

Re: Taskmanager JVM crash

Posted by Flavio Pompermaier <po...@okkam.it>.

Re: Taskmanager JVM crash

Posted by Stefan Richter <s....@data-artisans.com>.