Posted to dev@marmotta.apache.org by Fabian Cretton <Fa...@hevs.ch> on 2014/05/01 13:17:15 UTC

Rép. : Re: Possible contribution

Thank you Sergio for your answer.

So I did prepare a document attached to this message, I hope it will
help you to see if, as you say, our project's features fit in your
roadmap.
Thank you
Fabian

>>> Sergio Fernández<se...@salzburgresearch.at> 29.04.2014
11:54 >>>
Hi Fabian,

On 25/04/14 14:12, Fabian Cretton wrote:
> Working at the University of Applied Sciences
> (http://www.hes-so.ch/default.asp?Language=EN ) in Switzerland,
> specialized in semantic web technologies, I am currently having a
> look at the Apache Marmotta project as I am doing a state of the art
> for the start of our own project called 'OverLOD Surfer'.

Great!

> This research project was written having in mind other projects as
> Sindice and Sig.ma, and now that it has been accepted we will soon
> start the implementation and work on it for about a year.
>
> As our project does have much in common with Apache Marmotta, but
> also including other features I will describe you if needed, I would
> like to know what are the ways we could consider about
> reusing/contributing to Marmotta.

Marmotta is very modular, and the platform allows to easily plug-in new

modules. I guess we do not have so much documentation about such
modules, but you can use the maven archetype [1] to generate your own
one and see how it looks like.

> Maybe I should describe the functionalities we are thinking about,
> and the  Marmotta team would tell us if those functionalities are
> interesting for Marmotta and thus should be part of it. And if not
> then we should evaluate if it is still interesting for us to build on

> Marmotta on our side, or choose another approach.

Of course, having a more concrete overview about your goals would allow

us to get a better understanding to know if those features fit in our
roadmap.

Thanks for our interest.

Cheers,

[1]
http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails%7Corg.apache.marmotta%7Cmarmotta-archetype-module%7C3.2.0%7Cmaven-archetype

--
Sergio Fernández
Senior Researcher

Re: Rép. : Re: Possible contribution

Posted by Rob Vesse <rv...@dotnetrdf.org>.
Fabian

Apache mailing lists do not permit attachments, you'll need to provide a
link to a location that people can download the proposal from

Rob

From:  Fabian Cretton <Fa...@hevs.ch>
Date:  Thursday, 1 May 2014 12:17
To:  <de...@marmotta.apache.org>