Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Russ Tremain <Ru...@Sun.COM> on 2008/05/23 02:59:45 UTC

artifact.jar -> artifact.zip?

is it possible to coax the maven-jar-plugin to name my artifact with
a .zip suffix instead of .jar?

also, can I tell it not to include any manifest?

I don't see anything helpful in the docs.

tia,
-Russ

Re: artifact.jar -> artifact.zip?

Posted by Russ Tremain <Ru...@Sun.COM>.
At 6:18 PM -0700 5/22/08, Wendy Smoak wrote:
>On Thu, May 22, 2008 at 5:59 PM, Russ Tremain <Ru...@sun.com> wrote:
>
>> is it possible to coax the maven-jar-plugin to name my artifact with a .zip
>> suffix instead of .jar?
>> also, can I tell it not to include any manifest?
>> I don't see anything helpful in the docs.
>
>It sounds like the assembly plugin is a better fit for this task.

so just to finalize the answer for posterity, that would be no, no to questions 1 & 2?

Re: artifact.jar -> artifact.zip?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy