Posted to general@james.apache.org by Kirill Kosinov <ki...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/25 20:26:15 UTC

GSoC james-mladmin questions

Good day.

I'm a student, who decided to test his abilities in GSoC. James-mladmin
is one of interesting topics. I red james documentation, saw code, tried
to wrote mailet's,
but i can't understand what some of the declared idea and i ask you to
explain me some things.
James already have mailets which can handle subscription to mail lists
and (as i understood) it can moderation too. So can you give me some
links where i can read about
enhancements which you meant? I didn't see any web interface in james
(like in ezmlm) may be it is a good idea?

As for me i worked on some web projects, i'm scjp. May be i didn't
understand something in james-mladmin idea but i want to fix it and
write a good application.

RE: GSoC james-mladmin questions

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.
Kirill,

> James-mladmin is one of interesting topics.

I agree.  I wrote, years ago, an entire MLM plan for JAMES, but no one (me especially) has had time to do anything with it.  I'd have to track it down, since I don't recall if it ever made it to the JAMES mailing lists, but I'm sure that I still have it.

> James already have mailets which can handle subscription to mail lists
> and (as i understood) it can moderation too.

We don't have moderation.  If I recall correctly, we have a mild form of confirmation.

> So can you give me some links where i can read about enhancements which you meant?

See my reply from a few minutes ago for some possible items.  I'll be happy to give as many people as need it an idea for JAMES, especially in the MLM area.

	--- Noel