Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Rashi Jain <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/12 00:58:06 UTC

Recommend to a cluster of users

Hi,

I want to build a recommendation for anonymous/first time users on an
e-commerce website. I was thinking of recommending products to a
cluster/segment of users , something like TreeClusteringRecommender does
but I believe this has been deprecated.

I have used item based collaborative filtering based on boolean preferences
for registered users but am looking for ideas to achieve some sort of
recommendation for anonymous/first-time users.

Any feedback will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Rashi

Re: Recommend to a cluster of users

Posted by Rashi Jain <ra...@gmail.com>.
Nick,
Thank you for taking time to respond to my question.

Regarding your first suggestion about recommending based on geo-location,
are you suggesting different landing pages for different geo-lications?

Regards,
Rashi

Posted by "Martin, Nick" <Ni...@pssd.com>.
Couple thoughts/comments: