Posted to dev@juddi.apache.org by Andrei Kazyrevich <An...@epam.com> on 2006/01/16 12:00:36 UTC

JUDDI policies

Hi there!

As far as I can see, there are a lot of foggy areas in the UDDI v3 spec
and hence there is a tend to use policies.
Such policies would farm out some architectural decisions from the spec
originators to the developers of a particular UDDI registry. Right?

So I'm curious if anything resembling has been done for jUDDI while
implementing the v2 spec.

Thanks a ton,
Andrew

_______________________________
Andrei Kazyrevich, SCJP
Senior Software Engineer

EPAM Systems
Minsk office, Belarus (GMT+2)

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION AND DISCLAIMER
This message is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or
entity(ies) to which it is addressed and contains information that is
legally privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the person responsible for delivering the message to the
All unintended recipients are obliged to delete this message and destroy
any printed copies.

Re: JUDDI policies

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
UDDI v2 did not support the concept of policies. This was a new feature
added to UDDI v3.

Policies allow the business entity setting up the registry to customize the
registry to suit its specific needs. For example, you can use policies to
define what authentication mechanism must be used to access the registry.

Anne