Posted to user@abdera.apache.org by Remy Gendron <re...@arrova.ca> on 2008/05/30 22:16:24 UTC

Generic adapter

Hello all,

I would like some insights.

We are building a generic adapter. This adapter will serve feeds for user
created collections, as opposed to the other hard-coded adapters that serve
collections known to the system. Hence, if an IRI targets an unknown
collection to the provider, it will redirect to this catch all adapter.

When addFeedDetails is called and entries are built, the edit and other
links need to refer to this generic collection.

So, is there a recommended way to initialise the adapter (or let the adapter
know) of the currently processed collection so that links and other
information is properly generated, all in a thread safe manner?

Thanks!

Rémy

Courriel:            remy.gendron@arrova.ca

Cellulaire:          418 809-8585

Site Web:           <http://arrova.ca/> http://arrova.ca

Liste:

Re: Generic adapter

Posted by David Primmer <da...@gmail.com>.
In the shindig server, we use a new function of the targetresolver
that returns what it matched:
request.getTarget().getMatcher()
this would let you create you 'multi adapter' that handles many
different targets, yet still have some customization. You may have to
use the snapshot of 0.5 to get it though.

davep