Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Singh, Ragini" <rs...@Central.UH.EDU> on 2013/08/14 22:53:49 UTC

Tomcat 7.0.42 Won't Start

Hello,

I am trying to install and run my application Tomcat 7.0.42 on RHEL 5. Installation was correct and I was able to start Tomcat. Now when I place my application in the webapps folder and add the following to server.xml, my Tomcat doesn't start.

  <Context path="/saebpi/SASECURITYFORM" docBase="saebpi/SASECURITYFORM" reloadable="true" crossContext="true">
            directory="logs/SASECURITYFORM" prefix="access." suffix=".log" pattern="common"
            resolveHosts="false" />
  </Context>

I have attached the log file with error.

Thank you,
-RS

Re: Tomcat 7.0.42 Won't Start

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Ragini,

On 14.8.2013 22:53, Singh, Ragini wrote:
> Now when I
> place my application in the webapps folder and add the following to
> server.xml, my Tomcat doesn’t start.

Adding context configuration into server.xml is discouraged. For
alternative ways to configure context, please read:

   https://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/deployer-howto.html

This is not the source of your problem, though.

> I have attached the log file with error.
(...)
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.es.uh.edu.EBPI.SECFORM.InitParamsMissingException

This class seems to be missing from the classpath. Do you know how to
make sure that the class is on the web application classpath? In case
you don't, please read:

   http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/appdev/index.html

BTW, it is recommended that you name your Java packages in lowercase.

-Ognjen