Posted to users@camel.apache.org by JSmith <js...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/01 12:17:06 UTC

Re: Running function at the end of FTP Polling

Sorry still new to Camel,

That makes sense, but is there a way from the GenericFile level to determine
what Exchange the GenericFile is bound to?  I see there's a method to bind
the File to a specific Exchange (bindToExchange(...) ), but there's no way
to get it?

Re: Running function at the end of FTP Polling

Posted by JSmith <js...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I don't believe that's what I was looking for, but thanks!

However, I did get my problem solved.. maybe in a more roundabout way but it
works.

What I did was do a block like this in my Spring:
    <choice>
      <when>
        <simple>${headers.CamelBatchComplete} == true </simple>
	<bean ref="com.myClass" method="setModifiedTime"/>
      </when>
    </choice>
I'm assuming there's a nicer way to do this, but I was trying to keep things
as simple as possible and blatantly obvious and I think I achieved that,
haha.

Thanks for the help!

PS.  I think it would be nice for someone to start going through the Camel
documentation website pages, there are all different font sizes and parts
missing and sometimes links take you to pages that have just a sentence or
so and that sentence has a link to somewhere else.
stuff unless I had accidentally stumbled across it on StackOverFlow

Re: Running function at the end of FTP Polling

Posted by souciance <so...@gmail.com>.
I am not sure if its 100% with what you want but you can also try enabling
the parameter sendEmptyMessageWhenIdle http://camel.apache.org/file2.html
which sends an empty message when no more files are to be polled. Based on
this once you get an empty message you know there is no more data to poll
and then take approppiate action.