Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by "Harris, Christopher P" <ch...@baxter.com> on 2014/03/04 01:00:40 UTC

MRM-1791 doesn't seem to be fixed

Hi.

I'm testing the standalone version of Archiva v2.0.0 on Win 7 64-bit with no extra configuration.

I'm trying to map Active Directory groups to Archiva roles, but I'm not having any luck.

The LDAP config is correct.  The tests conducted by the "Verify LDAP changes." and "Verify LDAP configuration on server side." Buttons successfully execute.

However, when I navigate to the "LDAP/Roles Mapping" tab, no groups are listed within the LDAP Groups dropdown menu.

This has never worked for me.  How do I get this to work?

Here have been my 2 approaches:

1.)    Specify the same Dn in "Base Dn for groups" as I did in "baseDn".  This is true for my scenario, because our groups are scattered all over the place.  This situation could be related to MRM-1770<https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1770>.

2.)    My AD user belongs to a specific group, and I know where the group resides within the AD tree.  If I pick the containing OrganizationUnit (meaning no subtree search is involved) and use that as the "Base Dn for groups", I still see no "LDAP Groups" dropdown menu items listed on the "LDAP/Roles Mapping" tab.

Chris Harris
Sr. Systems Consultant
Mobility CoE
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
340 N. Milwaukee Ave.
VH1E-075
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
M 224.383.4947
T 847.371.6632
chris_harris@baxter.com<ma...@baxter.com>

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer

RE: MRM-1791 doesn't seem to be fixed

Posted by "Harris, Christopher P" <ch...@baxter.com>.
O.K.  I'll file it in JIRA.

I have another issue.  Our groups are not located in 1 location.  They're all over the place.  This means, in order to target 2 specific groups, I have to specify a domain that's 1 level below the root.

Using this domain returns a list of users so huge that I get the following message:
[[LDAP: error code 3 - Timelimit Exceeded]]

...every time I click on "Manage", "Roles", or "Users Runtime Configuration".

Clicking on "Manage" also now pulls up the "Roles" page.

Any suggestions about what I can do?

Can I map multiple groups?

 - Chris Harris

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.