Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by "Brent R. Matzelle" <bm...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/18 13:59:07 UTC

APR release available now

I took a quick look at apr.apache.org and they have an APR/APRUTIL
0.9.1 release.  Would this be a good time to start going by releases
rather than CVS?

At the very least the README should be changed: "At the time of this
writing, there were no official release versions of APR/APRUTIL
available" is no longer true.

Brent.

Re: APR release available now

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Brent R. Matzelle wrote:
> I took a quick look at apr.apache.org and they have an APR/APRUTIL
> 0.9.1 release.  Would this be a good time to start going by releases
> rather than CVS?

not really, since the 0.9.1 releases of apr and apr-util won't even
configure correctly out of the box.  you need to rename the directories
they untar into and even then, the apr-util configure script was fubared
so i had to rerun autoconf to regenerate it.

-garrett

Re: APR build errors

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
Brent R. Matzelle wrote:

>>apr build errors should be sent to dev@apr.apache.org.
>>
>>there have been recent changes to those files in apr, and i
>>wouldn't be
>>surprised if the problem is being discussed on that list (or if
>>they
>>aren't, they should be).
>>

> I do realize that.  I was trying to point out an issue with not using
> a standard release of APR.

that's fine, but if you're trying to say that then say that, don't
assume we're going to divine from your bug report about apr not building
that you mean 'we should not use bleeding edge apr in subversion'.

> Someone added an error code from the newer APR source into
> svn_error_codes.h.  This forced me to get the latest and
> unfortunately not completely tested APR which broke all of my builds
> so now I cannot get any work done with RapidSVN until I contact the
> APR guys for a fix.  <sigh>

this is the way things have been for a while.  i don't particularly like
it, but until there are stable releases of apr and apr-util that we can
use, we're stuck with it.  the 0.9.1 releases don't really qualify in my
mind, since you can't even build them out of the box on unix machines.

-garrett

Re: APR build errors

Posted by "Brent R. Matzelle" <bm...@yahoo.com>.
--- Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net> wrote:
> "Brent R. Matzelle" <bm...@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Someone added an error code from the newer APR source into
> > svn_error_codes.h.  This forced me to get the latest and
> > unfortunately not completely tested APR which broke all of my
> builds
> > so now I cannot get any work done with RapidSVN until I contact
> the
> > APR guys for a fix.  <sigh>
>
> Just to help you out, Brent:
>
> Backdate your copy of APR ("cvs update -D...") so you can continue
> work.

Thanks Karl, I'll make sure to do this next time.  However, I already
emailed the APR list and they checked in a fix for that issue.

Brent.

Re: APR build errors

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@newton.ch.collab.net>.

Re: APR build errors