Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton - burtonator" <bu...@openprivacy.org> on 2001/12/13 01:49:21 UTC

Pipe example fails under Tomcat.

OK.

I am hoping someone could give me feedback here.

I have been pounding my head over this for three weeks now (and it is not
getting any better).

Basically I want to setup a staged XSLT pipe system.

XML -> XSLT -> XSLT -> XSLT - OUT

What I want to do is have the result of each XSLT be the input to the next
XSLT.

This is basically the Pipe.java example in the Xalan distribution.

The fastest way for this to happen is to setup SAX so that SAX events get passed
in a chain and into the resulting OUT.

The only problem is that standalone versions of this work fine.

When I introduce this into an environment that runs under a thread (AKA in a
Servlet) the whole system locks up.

Everything is in Thread.wait() waiting on each other.  There is 1+N threads
where N is the number of XSLT stylesheets in the pipe (1 is the servlet).

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on here?  What could be stalling
out the process.

Of course now that I think about it, I could use jdb and suspend the vm and dump
the locals on each one of the threads.  This is a good idea (but I just thought
of it).

Anyway... feedback would be appreciated.

Kevin

- --

Using an area of the Internet the size of Ireland, pedophiles can make your
keyboard release toxic vapors that can make you more suggestible.