Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/20 09:52:04 UTC

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

8.0.1 is being release today having just passed a vote, so I'm anticipating
Rod / Carl and other will be looking to get a Docker image for that done
fairly quickly. I'll take a look at the problem with the GitHub project you
mention. Thanks for pointing that out.

Jon

Re: Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by "Jenkins, Rodney J (Rod)" <JE...@nationwide.com>.
I will get new Docker images out in the next 24 hours.

Rod.

On 1/20/20, 5:59 AM, "Jonathan Gallimore" <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Nationwide Information Security Warning: This is an external email. Do not click on links or open attachments unless you trust the sender.

    On Mon, Jan 20, 2020 at 11:54 AM COURTAULT Francois <
    francois.courtault@thalesgroup.com> wrote:

    > Hello Jonathan,
    >
    > If I have well understood: TomEE 9 will manage the latest MP (eg 3.2 or
    > superior), right ? When the master branch will become the 9 version ?

    I don't know the timings on that yet.

    > Regarding TomEE 8, will you provide us a MP 2.2 (latest 2.x MP version)
    > version ?

    I have a fairly long to-do list, but if I can work on it, I will. I don't
    know how trivial it will be. This is a good contribution point for anyone
    wanting to join in.

    Jon

RE: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.
Sorry my apologies .

Best Regards.

it would be really great not to hijack this thread for further discussions about MP or TomEE certifications (which, it seems, may need a separate thread), as it originally was about missing Docker images ;)

Thank you really much.

Best regards,

Tobias

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

MicroProfile status in TomEE 8.0.1 (was Re: Docker images for 8.0.0)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
> On Jan 20, 2020, at 5:14 AM, COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com> wrote:
>
> Hello Jonathan,
>
> I have understood that the MP implementations are provided by Geronimo projects, right?
>
> The delta I have seen is:
> µSpec                   Current Geronimo implementation                            MP 2.2 version
> OpenTracing       1.1						    1.3
> Open API              1.1						    1.0.1
> Config		 1.2.1						     1.3
> FaultTolerance   1.0						     2.0
>
> What I don't get is MP 2.1 requires:
> OpenTracing 1.2
> Config 1.3
> FaultTolerance 1.1.
>
> So how is it possible that TomEE 8 is MP 2.1 certified ?

My observation is we're MicroProfile 2.0 compatible.  We would be 2.1 compatible were the OpenTracing implementation be 1.2 instead of the 1.1 we ship.

Here are the library versions from the 8.0.1 release.

lib/microprofile-health-api-1.0.jar
lib/microprofile-fault-tolerance-api-1.1.4.jar
lib/microprofile-config-api-1.3.jar
lib/microprofile-rest-client-api-1.3.3.jar
lib/microprofile-jwt-auth-api-1.1.1.jar
lib/microprofile-opentracing-api-1.1.jar
lib/microprofile-metrics-api-1.1.1.jar
lib/microprofile-openapi-api-1.0.1.jar

> Or it means that the Geronimo implementation versioning is not aligned with MP versions.
> But, in this case, how do we know which Geronimo implementation is MP x.y compliant with ?

Yes, they are versioned independently.  Best frame of reference is the actual api jar versions.

> Don't see RestClient in Geronimo !!

Apache CXF provides that.

> Who contributes to Geronimo ? only TomEE contributors ?

There is some overlap, but they two are not 100% the same committers.

Here's a complete list of Apache committers and projects:

 - http://people.apache.org/committer-index.html

In terms of who is actually active, Github stats are the best source:

 - https://github.com/apache/geronimo-config/graphs/contributors
 - https://github.com/apache/geronimo-opentracing/graphs/contributors

-David

RE: Docker images for 8.0.0

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by COURTAULT Francois <fr...@thalesgroup.com>.
Hello Jonathan,

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

RE: Docker images for 8.0.0

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Its in progress - there's some feedback which came in last night, which I
suspect Rod will get to shortly, he's usually pretty responsive.

Jon

Re: Docker images for 8.0.0

Posted by Tobias Erdle <to...@gmail.com>.
Hello again,