Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Trevor Harmon <tr...@vocaro.com> on 2009/01/12 17:19:17 UTC

Project documentation (with Doxia)

I'm getting started with Doxia but have run into some issues.

1) "mvn site" converts my APT files to HTML, but I want them converted
to PDF as well. I know PDF generation is possible with the
"aptconvert" utility, but how can I do it with Maven, preferably as
part of the site phase?

2) Many of the figures referenced by my APT file are authored in some
proprietary format (e.g. UML illustrations), then they're converted
into PNG and placed into src/site/resources/images so that they can be
accessed by the generated HTML. But where do I store the original
files? Should I just place them alongside the PNG files in the images
directory, even though that will copy them into the site's target
directory for no reason?

3) What if I have documentation that doesn't really belong in the
project web site? For instance, we've got an Adobe Illustrator
document for printing a high-quality PDF user guide. Is there a Maven
convention on where it belongs? (Maven's standard directory layout
only addresses developer-facing files and doesn't mention anything
about end-user documentation.)

Thanks,

Trevor

Re: Project documentation (with Doxia)

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.
[just replying to the topic I am familiar with, maybe you should send separate
mails for different subjects]

Trevor Harmon wrote:
> I'm getting started with Doxia but have run into some issues.
>
> 1) "mvn site" converts my APT files to HTML, but I want them converted
> to PDF as well. I know PDF generation is possible with the  "aptconvert"
> utility, but how can I do it with Maven, preferably as  part of the site
> phase?

Not possible right now. There is a pdf plugin in the sandbox [1] but it only works
with Doxia-1.1 and will require maven-2.1.

-Lukas

[1] https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/sandbox/trunk/plugins/maven-pdf-plugin/