Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by John Smodic <js...@argo.ai> on 2019/09/12 18:23:41 UTC

Airflow node different versions

Hey all,

I'm looking to find an upgrade path for upgrading Airflow from 1.10.2 to 1.10.5.

But the problem is, the Airflow production cluster is pretty busy all the time.

Would it be problematic to upgrade the Webserver and Scheduler to 1.10.5 and gradually update the nodes as they become free? This would leave a period where nodes are on 1.10.2 and other nodes are on 1.10.5, but I don't know if that is expected to cause any issues.

For 1.9 -> 1.10 I did a full blue green deployment, but didn't necessarily want to go through with that for what seems like a relatively minor series of patches.

Thanks!

Re: Airflow node different versions

Posted by "Bacal, Eugene" <eb...@paypal.com.INVALID>.
Curious, how did it go?

Thanks,
-Eugene

On 9/14/19, 4:14 PM, "Alex Guziel" <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID> wrote:

    Agree with Bolke here. Not much is going on in worker as long as there
    aren’t breaking changes.

Posted by Alex Guziel <al...@airbnb.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Bolke de Bruin <bd...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Driesprong, Fokko" <fo...@driesprong.frl>.