Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/17 12:19:36 UTC

magic sessions in WSDL11Endpoint

Hi guys,

I'm currently working on the intalio-header -> ode-header fix. Is there
a reason why just WSAEndpoint and WSDL20Endpoint can store the session
ID but WSDL11Endpoint and URLEndpoint not? If I'm not mistaken, the
session is in any case also stored in the PartnerLinkDAO per partner, so
 I'm currently quite confused why it is captured twice.

Thanks,
  Tammo

Re: magic sessions in WSDL11Endpoint

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 8:37 AM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Matthieu Riou wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hi guys,
> >>
> >> I'm currently working on the intalio-header -> ode-header fix. Is there
> >> a reason why just WSAEndpoint and WSDL20Endpoint can store the session
> >> ID but WSDL11Endpoint and URLEndpoint not? If I'm not mistaken, the
> >> session is in any case also stored in the PartnerLinkDAO per partner, so
> >>  I'm currently quite confused why it is captured twice.
> >>

> > IIRC it's actually unnecessary in the WSDL20Endpoint. The engine always
> > converts its endpoints to WS-A. But what do you mean by captured twice?
>
> Ok, should we remove it from there?

Sure.

> With "caputured twice" I meant that
> the session is stored in the PL DAO _and_ in the WSA-EPR implementation.
> Isn't the EPR also stored in the PL DAO?

It is, although it's for different purposes and in different formats. The
session is systematically used for transport while the EPRs are used only
when you start assigning them around. It's fair to say that having specific
columns for sessions there are an optimization.

Matthieu

Posted by Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>.
Matthieu Riou wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 3:19 AM, Tammo van Lessen <tv...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I'm currently working on the intalio-header -> ode-header fix. Is there
>> a reason why just WSAEndpoint and WSDL20Endpoint can store the session
>> ID but WSDL11Endpoint and URLEndpoint not? If I'm not mistaken, the
>> session is in any case also stored in the PartnerLinkDAO per partner, so
>>  I'm currently quite confused why it is captured twice.
>>

> IIRC it's actually unnecessary in the WSDL20Endpoint. The engine always
> converts its endpoints to WS-A. But what do you mean by captured twice?

Ok, should we remove it from there? With "caputured twice" I meant that

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.