Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 09:13:03 UTC

mvn 2.0.5 doesn't downlado plugin when missing ?

mvn idea:idea failed on me this morning:

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-idea-plugin' does not
exist or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Mar 12 08:59:53 CET 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 3M/6M

The machine I am using is freshly setup with maven 2.0.5. So the plugin
wasn't already there. Yet I expected maven to download it from the web ! (It
did for the others I used so far)

I solved it by doing mvn -U idea:idea

In the past I don't remember having to do that. Is that a regression in
2.0.5 ? Is that new expected behavior or am I doing something wrong ?
Could that be related to the "don't check plugin updates more than once per
day" fix that went in 2.0.5 ?

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'idea'.
[INFO] org.apache.maven.plugins: checking for updates from central
[INFO] org.codehaus.mojo: checking for updates from central
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-idea-plugin: checking for
updates from central
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/2.0/maven-idea-plugin-2.0.pom
2K downloaded
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin/2.0/maven-idea-plugin-2.0.jar
37K downloaded

I've tried to reproduce the problem (but removing my
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-idea-plugin
but mvn redownloaded the file correctly this time.

Others seem to have had the same problem:

http://www.nabble.com/Missing-maven-idea-plugin--t3252807.html

Jerome