Posted to user@flink.apache.org by kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/03 17:41:43 UTC

Re: Does Queryable State only support K/V queries not SQL?

Hi Fabian,

Does it make sense to have it on the roadmap? that way external
applications can do ad-hoc queries for the most recent stream data and
avoid writing to any external database?

Thanks!

Posted by Renjie Liu <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, kant:
Full support for sql is not easy tuo support. A simple KV storage is not
enough to build a RDBMS.

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 1:42 AM kant kodali <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Fabian,
>
> Does it make sense to have it on the roadmap? that way external
> applications can do ad-hoc queries for the most recent stream data and
> avoid writing to any external database?
>
> Thanks!
>

> On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 12:14 AM, Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Queryable state only supports key point queries, i.e., you can query a
>> keyed state for the value of a key.
>> Support for SQL is not on the roadmap.
>>
>> Best, Fabian

>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> 1) Does Queryable State support SQL? By which I mean I can do issue a
>>> full-fledged sql query like say ("select * from table where foo='hello'
>>> group by name")
>>>
>>> 2) Does Queryable state support offset and limit? Because if I have a
>>> million rows I don't want to get all at once.
>>>
>>> Sorry if these are naive questions I am new to flink but I have used
>>> other streaming processors before.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>

> --
Liu, Renjie
Software Engineer, MVAD

Re: Does Queryable State only support K/V queries not SQL?

Posted by Hequn Cheng <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi kant,

To avoid writing to external databases, some relevant issues are on the
roadmap, see FLINK-6968[1]. When this issue is finished, you can store
your updating tables in queryable state which is available to query(key
point queries). Hope it helps you.

Best, Hequn