Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Arnold, Curt" <Cu...@hyprotech.com> on 2000/12/21 00:58:03 UTC

RE: Unofficial xerces13-com.dll

Sorry, Mike, I was ignoring you :)

I looked at the dependencies of Xerces-COM and was a little surprised to see URLMON as part of the dependency list.  URLMON was introduced with IE4 and avoiding dependency on URLMON so that you could
parse XML on Win95 machines in environments that are hostile to IE.

The dependency is introduced by only one call in XMLDOMDocument.cpp at line 1309

		hr = URLDownloadToCacheFile(NULL,pThis->m_FileName,name,URLOSTRM_GETNEWESTVERSION,0,pCallbackObj);

Though my name is plastered through the change comments, I don't remember ever using this API call in my life.  I assume that Xerces 1.2 had a slightly different implementation that did not depend on
URLMON.

This should have been implemented with a LoadLibrary and GetProcAddress with a fallback to the previous code for IE4-free installations.

I'd back you if you want to submit a patch to fix it.