Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> on 2001/04/16 14:58:28 UTC

configure not created from Apache buildconf?

When I run Apache buildconf, it terminates with status 1 and no
configure is created.  This happens on at least Linux and AIX.  I
haven't looked through the tons of other regression test messages to
see where else.

Here is the output:

$ ./buildconf
rebuilding srclib/apr/configure
buildconf: checking installation...
buildconf: autoconf version 2.13 (ok)
buildconf: libtool version 1.3.4 (ok)
Copying libtool helper files ...
Creating include/arch/unix/apr_private.h.in ...
Creating configure ...
rebuilding srclib/apr-util/configure
he/httpd-2.0/srclib/pcre'sArm -rf .libs�@�(checking for getpagesize... (cached) yes�$checking for memmove... (cached) yes�Copying libtool helper files ...
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `build'.
Creating include/private/apu_config.h ...
Creating configure ...
Invoking xml/expat/buildconf.sh ...
Incorporating /usr/local/share/aclocal/libtool.m4 into aclocal.m4 ...
Copying libtool helper files ...
Putting files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, `conftools'.
Creating config.h.in ...
Creating configure ...

I don't know when configure stopped being created but Apache's
buildconf started exiting with non-zero status in the three hours up
to "Sun, 15 Apr 2001 00:35:40 -0400"

Any clues?

Ahh... may be something in this though the time isn't quite
right... I'll look at it later after I catch up on some more
mail/personal business/etc.

rbb         01/04/14 21:28:17

  Modified:    xml/expat buildconf.sh configure.in
  Log:
  Clean up some buildconf warnings about AC_TRY_RUN.  AC_TRY_RUN is being
  called from an autoconf provided macro that we can't fix, so we just
  hide the warnings.  This is the same approach taken in Apache itself.

             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: configure not created from Apache buildconf?

Posted by Harrie Hazewinkel <ha...@covalent.net>.
Hi,

> When I run Apache buildconf, it terminates with status 1 and no
> configure is created.  This happens on at least Linux and AIX.  I
> haven't looked through the tons of other regression test messages to
> see where else.

This must have been changed between:
Wednesday morning and Sunday morning (Italian time).
Since I did not get this problem on Wednesday,
but did on Sunday.

It also happens on FreeBSD.

The configure in the topdir is not created.
Neither does the autoheader run
and is the configure in apr-util generated.

harrie
--
phone: +39-3474932300
http://www.lisanza.net/

Re: configure not created from Apache buildconf?

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
Fixing this now.  This was my fault.  I didn't realize that the grep would
cause the expat buildconf.sh to return 1 instead of 0.  Fixed now.

Ryan

> Ahh... may be something in this though the time isn't quite
> right... I'll look at it later after I catch up on some more
> mail/personal business/etc.
>
> rbb         01/04/14 21:28:17
>
>   Modified:    xml/expat buildconf.sh configure.in
>   Log:
>   Clean up some buildconf warnings about AC_TRY_RUN.  AC_TRY_RUN is being
>   called from an autoconf provided macro that we can't fix, so we just
>   hide the warnings.  This is the same approach taken in Apache itself.
>
> --
> Jeff Trawick | trawickj@bellsouth.net | PGP public key at web site:
>        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9289/
>              Born in Roswell... married an alien...