Posted to user@storm.apache.org by nitin sharma <ku...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/28 15:43:07 UTC

" Too many open files" exception while spinning Cassandra connections

HI,

Has anyone worked on Storm - Cassandra setup? in my project Storm bolt will
inject messages to Cassandra using Datax driver.

We have observed that a single bolt executor thread is able to provide a
throughput of 16 transactions per sec.. I.e - a single bolt executor thread
is able to handle 16 tuple messages, process them and write to Cassandra in
1 sec.

to meat our load requirement, we need nearly 100 executor thread.. But our
problem is that after 32 executor thread, we start getting following error
message while deploying the Storm topology..

“java.net.SocketException: Too many open files”

Has anyone faced this issue earlier? any suggestions?

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.

Re: " Too many open files" exception while spinning Cassandra connections

Posted by nitin sharma <ku...@gmail.com>.
hi Denis,

Sorry for late response...

Can you please elaborate on how to share session between queries ?

Regards,
Nitin Kumar Sharma.

Posted by Denis DEBARBIEUX <dd...@norsys.fr>.
Hi,

You can also share the session between many queries. Avoid to create one
session per tuple.

Denis

Le 28/07/2015 15:51, Ajay a écrit :
> Hi Nitin,
>
> In Cassandra documentation[1], it is mentioned to increase the number
> of open files using ulimit which is a system (Linux) level setting.
>
> 1)
> http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/install/installRecommendSettings.html
>
> Thanks
> Ajay
>

> On Tue, Jul 28, 2015 at 7:13 PM, nitin sharma
> <kumarsharma.nitin@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     HI,
>
>     Has anyone worked on Storm - Cassandra setup? in my project Storm
>     bolt will inject messages to Cassandra using Datax driver.
>
>     We have observed that a single bolt executor thread is able to
>     provide a throughput of 16 transactions per sec.. I.e - a single
>     bolt executor thread is able to handle 16 tuple messages, process
>     them and write to Cassandra in 1 sec.
>
>     to meat our load requirement, we need nearly 100 executor thread..
>     But our problem is that after 32 executor thread, we start getting
>     following error message while deploying the Storm topology..
>
>     “java.net.SocketException: Too many open files”
>
>     Has anyone faced this issue earlier? any suggestions?
>

>     Regards,
>     Nitin Kumar Sharma.

---

Re: " Too many open files" exception while spinning Cassandra connections

Posted by Ajay <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nitin,