Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Seth Barber <se...@cyberis.net> on 1998/10/09 18:30:01 UTC

re[2]: general/3165: DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in tags

The following reply was made to PR general/3165; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Seth Barber <se...@cyberis.net>
To: <rb...@us.ibm.com>
Cc: apbugs@Apache.Org
Subject: re[2]: general/3165: DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in <Directory> tags
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 1998 09:27:50 -0700

  > Synopsis: DirectoryIndex, SetHandler and AddHandler don't work in =
 <Directory>
  >  tags

  > State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
  > State-Changed-By: rbbloom@us.ibm.com
  > State-Changed-When: Fri Oct  9 08:48:56 PDT 1998
  > State-Changed-Why:
  > I just tested this in 1.3.3, and it appears to be working.  I
  > have a few suggestions.  First, your syntax for SetHandler is
  > wrong, please review the docs for how it should be used.  Second,
  > if you are getting the text of the cgi document, instead of the
  > output, that is a config issue.

  > Please review the docs, and if you are still unable to fix
  > these issues, post questions to comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix.

 I'm sorry I made a mistake...I double checked my configuration files =
 and I'm swapped SetHandler for AddHandler in my report.  I patched my =
 Apache to 1.3.3 and tried it again but it didn't work but I can get it =
 to work by using the same commands but on a global level (srm.conf).  I =
 have double-checked the docs and all of them say it should work in =
 Directory tags and it does work on our Apace 1.2.6 server with no =
 changes to that part of the configuration and I cannot find any =
 documentation stating you changed syntax.

 ----
 Seth Barber
 CyberIS System Administrator
 (503)362-0005   http://www.cyberis.net