Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Johnson <cs...@yahoo.com> on 2011/02/07 02:33:05 UTC

Unable to POST

I am testing Ext JS running on couch for some of the widgets. I am
running through some of the examples in Ext in Action, and in one of the
exaples, there is a POST to a local file that is intended to emulate an
actual response from the remote server. When I run the example in Couch,
I get the following error:

|{"error":"method_not_allowed","reason":"Only DELETE,GET,HEAD,PUT allowed"}

To test my sanity, I checked the same file in a standalone version of
Apache and it worked as expected:

|{success : true}

I know the preferred method when creating docs is to use the PUT method, but in this case, not sure I understand why Couch is balking at the request.

Here is a snippet of the code where the error occurs. Specifically the call to the url which returns {success : true}

             Ext.Ajax.request({
                 url     : 'scripts/successTrue.js',
                 params  : {
                     records : recordsToSend
                 },
                 success : function(response) {
                     grid.el.unmask();
                     remoteJsonStore.commitChanges();

                     var result = Ext.decode(response.responseText);
                 }
             });

Thanks
--cj--

Re: Unable to POST

Posted by Stefan Matheis <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Chris,

why not just send a PUT-Request with Ext? method: 'PUT' or sth like
that, should do the Trick

Regards
Stefan