Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Joel Koshy <jj...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/03 18:43:17 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-113 - Support replicas movement between log directories

+1

Few additional comments (most of which we discussed offline):

   -

   This was summarized in the “discuss” thread, but it is worth recording
   in the KIP itself that the LEO in DescribeDirsResponse is useful to measure
   progress of the move.
   -

   num.replica.move.threads defaults to # log directories - perhaps note
   that we typically expect a 1-1 mapping to disks for this to work well.
   -

   Can you clarify in the KIP whether intra.broker.throttled.rate is
   per-broker or per-thread?
   -

   Reassignment JSON: can log_dirs be made optional? i.e., its absence
   would mean “any”
   -

   Can you also explicitly state somewhere that “any” translates to
   round-robin assignment today?

Posted by Dong Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hey Joel,

Thanks much for the review! I have updated the KIP to address all your
comments. Please find the diff here
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/diffpagesbyversion.action?pageId=67638408&selectedPageVersions=26&selectedPageVersions=27>
.

Regards,