Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Mark McClain <ma...@gsoa.net> on 2003/11/12 20:35:48 UTC

building under 10.3?

On OS X 10.3 I've compiled 3.1.2b against the default python framework build,
but it can't resolve the python symbols when I start apache.  I get this:

Syntax error on line 232 of /Users/mark/apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /Users/mark/apache2/modules/mod_python.so into server: dyld: /Users/mark/apache2/bin/httpd Undefined symbols:
_PyExc_AttributeError
.... more symbols here

FYI Line 232 is:
LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.so

I the tried running otool against mod_python.so. It yields:

$ otool -L mod_python.so
mod_python.so:
        /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 71.0.0)

It seems that the module does not know that it needs to be linked against python.  Any ideas?

I would prefer to use the default python versus install fink.

Thanks,
mark