Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Josef Zellner <jo...@chello.at> on 2003/03/26 20:07:28 UTC

Development environment

Hi all!
I am programming on a module which is getting really big... Until now i
developed with Windows, but now I have to port it to Linux... My
question is now, if there is a existing development environment for
Linux (KDevelop does not match the requirements, because it does not
support the build of libraries...)...

Thanks in advance,
Josef

Re: Development environment

Posted by Jeffrey Huang <sa...@saclink.csus.edu>.
Posted by Justin Erenkrantz <ju...@erenkrantz.com>.

Posted by Chia-Hsin Huang <sa...@saclink.csus.edu>.
Hi,

You must use autoconf and automake to build the project. You can refer to
the address.
http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/
http://www.gnu.org/software/automake/

By the way, I finished a module in Linux and try to port this module to
Windows 2000 environment. However, I got some troubles to reach the
post_read_request hook. Could you please help me? The problem description
are below.

"I got a problem when I'm working on adding an external
module as a filter of Apache 2.0. Please help me to figure out the =
solution. I'm
building an external module to embed a C/C++ like scripting language, =
CH,
executing for Apache 2.0 server. I studied from php module source =
program
and got the simulated idea to build this module. I use pre_config,
post_config and post_read_request hooks. Ideally when Apache server =
startup,
the pre_config hook is executed and the post_read_request hook should be
used when requesting the target file type, for example, *.php. And then
execute the script by activating module for that type, eg. mod_php. I =
built
my own module and it works in Ret Hat Linux 7.x. However, when I port =
this
module (mod_ch) to Windows 2000, Apache server seems can not reach the
"post_read_request" hook. (I print out message at every hook function) I =
used the
same configuration setup as to Linux version, except the directory =
paths.
I'm thinking is there any special setup needed for W2K to enable the
post_read_request hook?  Does anybody have some
experience to build a module as a filter in Apache 2.0 server + Windows =
2000? Please help
me to figure out the problem. I appreciate your any help."

Best Regards,
Jeffrey