Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Nicolas De Loof <ni...@capgemini.com> on 2005/04/11 10:35:12 UTC

maven 2 and build.properties

Hello,

I've just take a look at the maven 2 site

As far I understand it, pom.xml = project.xml + project.properties +
${user.home}/build.properties

Will maven 2 allow user to customize some "properties"
I think about two things :
- path to local repo : my C: drive is full and I've set
"maven.repo.local" to my D: drive. Using maven 2, a new .m2 is created.
Will this be configurable ?
- plugins "system dependant" configuration : what about native plugin
that requires local configuraiton for compiler/linker ?

Second question : about archetype goal
Will it be possible to configure custom templates path (as for maven 1.x
genapp plugin) ?

Nico.

Re: maven 2 and build.properties

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Nicolas De Loof wrote:

> Will maven 2 allow user to customize some "properties"
> I think about two things :
> - path to local repo : my C: drive is full and I've set
> "maven.repo.local" to my D: drive. Using maven 2, a new .m2 is
> created. Will this be configurable ?

I'm about to write a doc on it, but this was answered here:
http://www.mail-archive.com/users%40maven.apache.org/msg17560.html

> - plugins "system dependant" configuration : what about native plugin
> that requires local configuraiton for compiler/linker ?

This will be included in the settings.xml file in some way.

> Second question : about archetype goal
> Will it be possible to configure custom templates path (as for maven
> 1.x genapp plugin) ?

archetypes are like plugins.

try:
m2 archetype:create -DartifactId=my-webapp -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-webapp
(See the example in the getting started guide).

More on archetypes will be written later.

Thanks,
Brett