Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by MarcoLaponder <ma...@kewill.com> on 2008/10/21 10:34:35 UTC

context-root in ear deployment plan

Hi All,

I am trying to accomplish the following: I have an ear file which containts
a web archive. I want to determine the context root at deployment time. I
was considering to specify this in the deployment plan but this doesn’t
work. The deployment plan I use is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<application application-name="HelloWorldEar"

      xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"

      xmlns:app="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.1"

      xmlns:sec="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/security-1.1"
xmlns:sys="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.1">

      <!—

            Deleted some dependencies and security info

      -->

      <module>

            <web>

                  <web-uri>testit.war</web-uri>

                  <context-root>test</context-root>

            </web>

      </module>

</application>

But this plan gives an error when deploying. Is it not possible to do this
or am I doing something wrong ? The errors I get are:

C:\j5ee\geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.1\var\temp\geronimo-application.xml:36:4:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b: Element not allowed:
web-uri@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0 in element
web@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

C:\j5ee\geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.1\var\temp\geronimo-application.xml:37:4:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4b: Element not allowed:
context-root@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0 in
element web@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

C:\j5ee\geronimo-jetty6-javaee5-2.1.1\var\temp\geronimo-application.xml:37:4:
error: cvc-complex-type.2.4c: Expected element
'alt-dd@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0' before the
end of the content in element
module@http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Marco

RE: web module and login gbean in deployment plan of ear

Posted by Marco Laponder <ma...@kewill.com>.
Feeling stupid and ashamed. Thanks.

Kind regards,
Marco

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.

Re: context-root in ear deployment plan

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
Hi Marco,

What version of Geronimo are you using?  If you are using any even a
remotely current version of G you should be using this namespace:
xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-2.0"

See http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/deployment-plans.html for a more
complete description of deployment plans.  There are examples there that
demonstrate specifying context-root in a geronimo-application.xml.

Joe

Re: login module & jdbc driver in ear

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:02 AM, Marco Laponder wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I wonder if it is possible to accomplish the following. I have an EAR
> (with a WAR) which I can deploy (after your help). The WAR needs a
> custom login module and this module needs a jDBC driver. Is it
> possible
> to embed the login module JAR, the jDBC driver JAR and the loginmoudle
> configuration within the EAR ? Or should I install the jDBC driver and
> login module first into the Geronimo repository ?

Everything in the ear should work fine.  I'd put everything in lib/
inside the ear so you don't have to try to figure out how to make
manifest classpath work inside an ear.

david jencks

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi, I think there are a few probs in your plan:

1. schema is outdated.
2. web-uri element is not allowed, should be web element.
3. there should be a / before test within the context-root element.

You can try change it to something like below -

<application xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/j2ee/application-1.2">
  <dep:environment xmlns:dep="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.2">
    <dep:moduleId>
      <dep:groupId>com.yourco</dep:groupId>
      <dep:artifactId>moduleid</dep:artifactId>
      <dep:version>1.0</dep:version>
      <dep:type>car</dep:type>
    </dep:moduleId>
    <!---dependencies goes here -->