Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> on 2014/02/12 22:40:25 UTC

1.8.7 up for testing/signing

The 1.8.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
Please get the tarballs from
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
19th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by February 17th.

Note that autoprop_tests.py is known to have spurious failures from time to
time when libmagic support is enabled and tests are run in parallel.

Thanks!

Re: 1.8.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@wandisco.com>.
  +1 to release

Platform:

  Linux (Debian/wheezy) 64-bit

Tested:

  (local, svn, svn/sasl, serf, serf/v1) x (fsfs, fsfs/pack/shard, bdb)
  swig-pl, swig-py, swig-rb, ctypes-python
  javahl x (fsfs, bdb)

Results:

  All tests successful

Local dependencies:

  apache2-threaded-dev : 2.2.22-13+deb7u1
  libapr1-dev : 1.4.6-3+deb7u1
  libaprutil1-dev : 1.4.1-3
  libdb5.1-dev : 5.1.29-5
  libsasl2-dev : 2.1.25.dfsg1-6+deb7u1
  libsqlite3-dev : 3.7.17-1~bpo70+1
  perl : 5.14.2-21+deb7u1
  python2.7-dev : 2.7.3-6
  ruby1.8-dev : 1.8.7.358-7.1+deb7u1
  openjdk-7-jdk : 7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1
  serf : 1.3.x@2243

subversion-1.8.7.tar.bz2

subversion-1.8.7.tar.gz

--
Philip Martin | Subversion Committer
WANdisco // *Non-Stop Data*

Re: 1.8.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <iv...@visualsvn.com>.
On 13 February 2014 01:40, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
> The 1.8.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> Please get the tarballs from
>   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
> 19th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by February 17th.
>
> Note that autoprop_tests.py is known to have spurious failures from time to
> time when libmagic support is enabled and tests are run in parallel.

   +1 to release.

TESTED:
-------
[ fsfs ] x [ file | svn | http v1 | http v2] x [win32 | x64]

RESULTS:
--------
All Tests Pass

PLATFORM:
---------
MS Windows 7 Ultimate (x64)
Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Version 9.0.30729.1 SP

DEPENDENCIES:
-------------
APR: 1.4.8
APR-Util: 1.5.2
Apache HTTPD: 2.2.25 with r1497121 and r1497441 reverted.
zlib: 1.2.8
OpenSSL: 0.9.8y
sqlite: 3.7.12.1
Python: 2.6.6
serf: 1.3.4

Signatures:
-----------

   (See the appropriate distribution files.)

--
Ivan Zhakov
CTO | VisualSVN | http://www.visualsvn.com

Re: 1.8.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Ben Reser <be...@reser.org>.
On 2/13/14, 5:46 AM, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> *Sigh* You'll gone love this ...
>
> IMO, the membuffer cache bug just reported on dev@ is serious
> enough to warrant another re-roll of 1.8.x :(
> 1.7 is not affected; 1.9 has boundary checks in place that prevent
> the infinite loop making it just an efficiency issue.
>
> I'll apply patches etc. tonight.

We'll not be release 1.8.7 due to this.  We could just proceed with the 1.8.7
release but we'd want to do a 1.8.8 release shortly to resolve this anyway.  So
I don't see the point of everyone going through the test process twice when the
change is small and hardly anyone has voted.  Those those that voted already, I
feel your pain.  But either way we do it you'd end up testing twice.

Re: 1.8.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Stefan Sperling <st...@elego.de>.
On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 02:46:24PM +0100, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Ben Reser <be...@reser.org> wrote:
>
> > The 1.8.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
> > Please get the tarballs from
> >   https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
> > and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
> > 19th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by February 17th.
> >
> > Note that autoprop_tests.py is known to have spurious failures from time to
> > time when libmagic support is enabled and tests are run in parallel.
> >

> *Sigh* You'll gone love this ...
>
> IMO, the membuffer cache bug just reported on dev@ is serious
> enough to warrant another re-roll of 1.8.x :(
> 1.7 is not affected; 1.9 has boundary checks in place that prevent
> the infinite loop making it just an efficiency issue.
>
> I'll apply patches etc. tonight.
>
> Sorry.
>
> -- Stefan^2.

Why not commit the patch as usual and vote it through as usual?
Is it a security issue?

Re: 1.8.7 up for testing/signing

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>.
On 13.02.2014 14:46, Stefan Fuhrmann wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:40 PM, Ben Reser <ben@reser.org
> <ma...@reser.org>> wrote:
>
>     The 1.8.7 release artifacts are now available for testing/signing.
>     Please get the tarballs from
>       https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/subversion
>     and add your signatures there.  I plan to try and release on February
>     19th so please try and get your votes/signatures in place by
>     February 17th.
>
>     Note that autoprop_tests.py is known to have spurious failures
>     from time to
>     time when libmagic support is enabled and tests are run in parallel.
>

> *Sigh* You'll gone love this ...
>
> IMO, the membuffer cache bug just reported on dev@ is serious
> enough to warrant another re-roll of 1.8.x :(
> 1.7 is not affected; 1.9 has boundary checks in place that prevent
> the infinite loop making it just an efficiency issue.

You know, I prefer to pull 5 releases than publish one broken one. :)

-- Brane

--
Branko Čibej | Director of Subversion
WANdisco // Non-Stop Data