Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Cheng Tan <ct...@confluent.io> on 2020/03/24 02:32:55 UTC

[DISCUSS] KIP-576 Support dynamic update of more broker configs related to replication

Hi Everyone,

KIP-226 added support for dynamic update of  broker configuration.  In this KIP, we propose to extend the support to dynamic update of a group of new dynamic broker configs which will benefit the replication process.

The proposed support for new dynamic configs looks like

failed.authentication.delay	Connection close delay on failed authentication.
fetch.max.bytes	Maximum bytes expected for the entire fetch response.
replica.fetch.backoff.ms	The amount of time to sleep when fetch partition error occurs.
replica.fetch.response.max.bytes	Maximum bytes expected for the entire fetch response.
replica.fetch.response.max.bytes	Maximum bytes expected for the entire fetch response.
replica.fetch.wait.max.ms	Max wait time for each fetcher request issued by follower replicas.

I’ve written a KIP about introducing exponential backoff for Kafka clients. Would appreciate any feedback on this. Thanks.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-580%3A+Exponential+Backoff+for+Kafka+Clients <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-580:+Exponential+Backoff+for+Kafka+Clients>

Best, - Cheng Tan

Re: [DISCUSS] KIP-576 Support dynamic update of more broker configs related to replication

Posted by Boyang Chen <re...@gmail.com>.
Hey Cheng,

the KIP link seems to be wrong, should be:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-576%3A+Support+dynamic+update+of+more+broker+configs+related+to+replication