Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Morgan Humes <mh...@globalinx.com> on 2012/06/18 15:44:24 UTC

Axis and HTTP Authentication

Hi,

I'm working on changing the authentication method of a web service I am
supporting and currently there are functions written instead of using
rampart or HTTP Digest or even Basic authentication.  To simplify the
changes I'd prefer to use HTTP Digest Auth which I found was easy to
configure on Tomcat but I somehow haven't been able to find a way to
retrieve the username from the request itself.  Is it possible to
retrieve the username when using HTTP authentication?

Thanks!

--
Morgan Humes