Posted to dev@bookkeeper.apache.org by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org> on 2015/11/12 10:03:08 UTC

Proposed board report [Nov]

Hello folks:

We have a board report due this month. Here is the draft.

Let me know if have anything to add. I plan to submit this before 11/15.

<snip>
BookKeeper is a distributed, reliable, and high performance
logging service. The project also includes Hedwig which is
a highly scalable Pub/Sub service built on top of ZooKeeper
and BookKeeper with strong durability guarantees.

= Project Status =

Development has continued towards the 4.4.0 release, which
is a feature release. It will be including improvements on bookie storage,
compaction and ledger recovery, and new features about last-add-confirmed
long poll. A new api about ledger handle is on proposal and under
discussing.

4.3.2 is under releasing include ledger storage bug fixes that are ported
back from master.

= Releases =

Our last release was 4.3.1, released on 2015-05-27. The next release will
be 4.4.0 and 4.3.2.

= Community Status =

The last committer added was Matteo Merli (mmerli) on
the 6th Jul 2015.

BookKeeper community organized a messaging meetup on 9/21.

No infrastructure issues.

65 subscribers in dev@bookkeeper.apache.org
79 subscribers in user@bookkeeper.apache.org

871 issues opened to date, 18 since 2015-08-11
598 issues resolved to date, 10 since 2015-08-11
55 people have reported issues, 6 since 2015-08-11
29 people have contributed patches, 7 since 2015-08-11
</snip>

Re: Proposed board report [Nov]

Posted by Flavio Junqueira <fp...@apache.org>.
There was a race condition and the infra issue has been resolved. :-)

You may want to change it on the wiki and the agenda, and possibly send an email correcting it.

-Flavio

Posted by Sijie Guo <si...@apache.org>.

Posted by Robin Dhamankar <ro...@apache.org>.
Looks good.