Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "DeFreitas, Nigel" <ND...@iso.com> on 2005/12/21 22:43:27 UTC

Which version of Tomcat on SuSE?

Which version of Tomcat should I use on SuSE Enterprise Server v9?

Nigel DeFreitas

Insurance Services Office

201 469 3939

Re: Which version of Tomcat on SuSE?

Posted by Dhaval Patel <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Nigel,

   The answer of this question depends upon many aspects like,
(1) What kind of web-application would you like to serve with Tomcat?
(2) Which J2SE\J2RE version are you using?
(3) Do you require any special things from Tomcat besides an application server? I mean does your
application rely on certain code of Tomcat?

   Tomcat is independent from operating system. It can be configured to achieve highest performace
differently in different environment.

   So if you can post little detail about your setup environment , may be Tomcat experts can
answer the question easily on this forum.

   Hope it helps.

Regards,
Dhaval