Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/29 20:48:41 UTC

Re: compiling source code from 2 different dirs

well, the xdoclet plugin should be calling

project.addCompileSourceRoot( outputDirectory );

in order to add the generated files to the compile phase..

mostly these are generated into target/generated-sources I believe,
that why they are blown away with the default clean targets.  I don't
see source for the xdoclet plug in either mojo or the m2 repos though
so I can't say for sure.

but yes, it is easy to do

On 7/29/05, Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com> wrote:
> Adam Hardy on 28/07/05 16:39, wrote:
> > (2) Even if I could get the xdoclet to run in m2, I can't figure out how
> > to include a second source directory (containing the xdoclet generated
> > classes). Is it just a comma-delimited list in the <sourceDirectory>
> > attribute of the pom?
>
> If I run xdoclet to generate some EJB code in a seperate directory (I
> don't want it in the version control system), can I get maven to compile
> it along with the normal code in src/main/java?
>
> As quoted in the paragraph above, I can't work out how to get m2 to do
> that.
>
> Or is it better to put it straight into the src/main/java tree with the
> rest? I could always tell cvs to ignore it - although this would be
> error prone.
>
> Thanks
> Adam

jesse mcconnell

Re: [m2] compiling from 2 different dirs

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Sun, 2005-07-31 at 14:51 +0100, Adam Hardy wrote:
> Sorry my mistake. maven-xdoclet-plugin is calling
> project.addCompileSourceRoot() but in its current version, it does not
> accept any config, and the default
> ${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/xdoclet must be used.
>
> Just for anyone searching the mail archives with this problem.

This is typically the pattern employed by plug-ins generating sources.
Where the output is directed to:

${project.build.directory}/generated-sources/<plugin-id>

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.

 -- Buddha

Re: [m2] compiling from 2 different dirs

Posted by Adam Hardy <ad...@cyberspaceroad.com>.