Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@apache.org> on 2001/09/27 21:20:12 UTC

Torque and

Hi,

I am trying to provide an easy way of dealing with multiple databases in the
TDK and I would like to add the ability to the torque task of dealing with
a set of xml torque schemas.

The tasks would work with their current syntax accepting xmlFile as a
parameters, but if that attribute is not present than a <fileset> of xml
torque schemas will be processed.

For now I am interested in changing the following tasks:

TorqueCreateDatabase
TorqueObjectModelTask
TorqueSQLTask

I would also like to change the TorqueSQLTask to produce a small table that
maps the SQL file to the database it should be inserted into. I would than
make another task using the <sql> task as a base that would take this little
table and slot each SQL file into the appropriate database.

I am thinking that a project may potentially have several xml schemas, as
tambora does, and that it might be better to keep them separate so that an
<uptodate> task can be used to automate rebuilds in the future. In tambora
we like to keep the turbine schema in one database and the tambora schema in
another. But the changes the tasks won't affect current operation: if you
use one schema than that's fine.

I'm trying to find an easy way to maintain the data model given the use of
one database or many. Again these changes won't affect current use, and I
primarily want these changes so I can simplify the sample app initialization
and deployment in the TDK.

I'm off to bed now :-)

--

jvz.